Frequently Asked Questions


What is the Troops to Teachers program?
The Troops to Teachers program assists eligible veterans, active duty, Guard and Reserve individuals in their transition to a new career in public education as a teacher in the K-12 public school system of the United States.

Who is eligible to register for the Troops to Teachers program?
Those interested in an academic teaching position (elementary/secondary) must have at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning. Those without a bachelor’s degree can be considered for vocational, technical, or professional teaching (electronics, computer technology, construction trades, automotive, etc.) but must be able to document their skill level or expertise.

Will Troops to Teachers find a teaching position for me?
Troops to Teachers can offer assistance with your search in finding employment as a teacher. Information can be provided regarding school district profiles, recruitment web sites, upcoming job fairs and resume’ tips. However, you must apply for teaching positions and interview on your own.

For more FAQs visit: